The 10 step ADHD meditation process for children.
1. Teach your child about ADHD first under the supervision of a Perth-based psychologist.
2. Check your child understands what each emotion means; i.e. happy, angry, sad, annoyed, frustrated and trusting.
3. Ask your child to label his or her own emotions in liaison with their psychologist.
4. Find a quiet place to talk. Being outdoors in a great Perth Location can help.
5. Ask your child to describe how their “Outer World” (e.g. people, environment, external noise) influence their thoughts and emotions.
6. Ask your child how their “Inner World” (their thoughts) can influence their feelings.
7. Keep it short and sweet. Ask them to breathe deeply and pay attention to how they are breathing.
8. Ask them what they are thinking and whether it is being affected by ‘Self’ (Inner World) or ‘Others and Environment’ (Outer World).
9.. Allow them to move, wriggle or even stand on a skateboard whilst thinking about their “Inner World”.
(Children with ADHD often think more clearly when standing up or moving.)
10. Allow your child to mull over their thoughts. Children diagnosed with ADHD need time and space to practise mindfulness at their own pace and become more self-aware. If you need help practising mindfulness Focused Education can help.
We help children with ADHD feel better.
Focused Eduction’s psychologists can help your family. We offer a wide variety of professional, psychological services.
Our psychologist services include psychological testing for children such as:
- Comprehensive psychological and cognitive assessments.
- Autism Assessment.
- Autism Diagnosis.
- ADHD testing and ADHD diagnosis.
- ADHD treatment.
- Dyslexia Testing, Diagnosis and Tutoring.
- Individual child therapy.
- Behaviour management plans.
- Behaviour escalation profiles.
- Parent Counselling.
- Family Counselling.
- Coaching and support.
- Specialist Holiday Programs for children.
- Group parenting workshops.
CONTACT US TODAY BECAUSE WE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD