Parent support & advice for parents of ADHD children at our Perth based learning difficulties clinic.
Focused Education was founded by Martyn Drysdale. A specialist teacher with ADHD, Martyn is passionate about helping children, teens and adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder globally.
At Focused Education, our goal is a society that accepts and values learning and cognitive differences in everyday people. We know how valuable being different can be, to Australian workplace, to a classroom or even to a family.
We know many kids and adults struggle with their learning and cognitive differences. Our founder, Martyn Drysdale has worked hard to overcome ADHD himself.
We can help your family overcome disability and learning difficulties too. Our professional staff have “boots on the ground” experience, many with a family member with a disability or learning difficulty.
How can Focused Education help you?
We provide professional health and education services that are research based and recommended by the world’s leading authorities on Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
Founded by Martyn Drysdale, a specialist teacher with ADHD, Focused Education strives to change the way people with learning differences are viewed by society. Our caring staff know how to learn and be happier and feel empowered by the positive aspects of a learning difference such as ADHD.
What is a multi-disciplinary approach to ADHD?
A multi-disciplinary approach to ADHD involves a diverse range of medical, allied health and education professionals collaborating and communicating effectively to assist children teenagers and adults using a team-based approach. This helpful, “S.W.A.T. TEAM” style or method is research-based and well-recognised in Australia and internationally as the best practise treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
What Focused Education will never do…
- Tell you that we can’t help you or your child. We never give up.
- Sell you a quick fix. ADHD is a lifelong journey worth working hard to enjoy.
- Charge you for services you don’t need.
- Suggest that medication is the only treatment for ADHD. (Medication can help, but it’s not for everyone).
Health services for ADHD that you can trust
Our health and education services for ADHD help families learn and grow. We recently won The City of Stirling “Customer Focused Business of the Year Award”. Our mums, dads and kids consistently rate our services highly because of our high standards, friendliness and never-give-up approach.
Our specialist staff really care about you.
- We only employ staff that are prepared to walk with you through the ups and downs of ADHD.
- Each staff member has been selected for their experience, specialist skills and proven track record in helping people with ADHD.
Our Child Psychology Services include:
- Parent counselling and coaching to manage challenging child behaviour.
- Dyslexia Testing and Diagnosis.
- ADHD testing, Assessment and Diagnosis.
- Autism treatment in collaboration with our speech pathology and occupational therapist team.
- Assessment and treatment for learning difficulties.
- Counselling for anxious children.
- Assessment of Gifted and Talented ability.
Our Speech and Language Pathologist(SLP) Services include:
- Dyslexia Testing and Tutoring Service.
- Speech and Language Assessment.
- Specialist Tutoring for Dyslexia and other Specific Language Disorders.
- Autism treatment in collaboration with our child psychologist team.
- Specialist Speech and Language Parenting Courses.
- Teacher Professional Development Courses.
Our Perth Occupational Therapy Services include:
- Sensory Integration Program for toddlers with ADHD symptoms.
- Behaviour modification training in collaboration with our psychology team.
- Active Write Handwriting Program for kids with handwriting/fine motor skill difficulties.
Our Perth Tutoring Services include:
- Tutoring from Specialist Teachers with a Master of Special Education. Master of Education or Education/Psychology double degree.
- Specialist teaching services for children with Dyslexia.
- Special Education Services for children with Autism
- Specialist Educational Consultancy Services for children with ADHD, parents and classroom teachers.
We invite you to call our reception team to discuss your child’s ADHD, educational testing and treatment needs on: (08) 61887669 or complete the contact form below.
Our caring staff hope to see you at our ADHD, NDIS advisory, educational and health services centre soon.
CONTACT US BECAUSE WE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD