We offer a free ADHD phone advice and support.
Call our ADHD experts for free phone advice and support. Read on for some useful information about ADHD testing and assessment. Focused Education helps children and teens with ADHD symptoms. Our Educational and Developmental Psychologists may test your child or adolescent for ADHD if we feel that diagnosis and treatment will help your child.
What is ADD/ADHD and how to you test for it?
ADD/ADHD is a neurological condition that affects the behaviour, emotions and social functioning of 2-3% of all Perth children. The Focused Educational Psychology team provide ADD/ADHD testing services. Accurate psychological assessment to assess ADD/ADHD from an accredited and experienced psychologist with Educational Psychology experience is an important first step in best practise ADD/ADHD treatment.
In 50% of our Diagnostic ADD/ADHD interviews, we discover a learning difficulty such as Dyslexia is also a problem experienced by their child or teenager. At Focused Educational Psychology, we understand that a learning disability or childhood trauma can cause behaviour problems in children that mimic ADD/ADHD behaviours. You need an experienced, team that will “never give up” to help your child.
Focused Education was founded by Martyn Drysdale, a specialist teacher that happens to have ADHD.
He founded ADHD so Perth children with ADHD don’t have to suffer the anxiety and school difficulties he experienced as a child, teenager and young adult with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder(ADD/ADHD). Martyn is thankful his mum cared deeply about his future. Thanks Mum!
When should you test for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD) in children?
1. Your child is impulsive and regularly gets in trouble at school due to an inability to control his/her behaviour that cannot be explained by trauma.
2. Your child has difficulty remembering teacher or parent instructions.
3. Your child’s teacher or preschool teacher is concerned about behavioural issues in the classroom.
4. Your child is a daydreamer that is quiet and polite but inattentive and disorganised.
4. Your child has few friends because he/she lacks social skills and says inappropriate comments.
5. You are concerned about your child enjoying conflict with siblings or family members.
CONTACT US TODAY BECAUSE WE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD