Autism Diagnosis & Treatment Services at our Focused Educational Psychology Clinic.
Focused Educational Psychology provides the West Australian community with caring, knowledgeable Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Aspergers Syndrome and ADHD support. Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) are developmental impairments characterised by marked difficulties in social interaction and communication that last a child’s lifetime, but with the right help and support can be overcome.
Our Autism Diagnosis Process Infographic
What is Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)?
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) education programs.
- A range of adult psycho-analytical services including social skills groups, occupational therapy, and speech therapy.
What are some detectable Autism Symptoms?
The phenomenon of Autism is wide-ranging, with different children, teenagers and adults experiencing diverse medical signs that can affect multiple cognitive and intellectual processing areas of the brain. Research has not proven the cause of Autism despite extensive medical analyses of the available scientific data.
• Social development and limited or no friendships with other children.
• Limited interests in daily tasks or play with other children.
• Verbal and nonverbal communication difficulties.
• Sensory Processing Difficulties.
What financial help is there for autistic children?
The Australian Commonwealth Government authorises us to provide helpful services for autistic children, teenagers and adults via Medicare Benefits Schedule. The Australian National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is currently available to people with a disability in the Perth Hills Area. The NDIS in the Perth Hill became available July 2014.
At Perth-based Focused Education Psychology we don’t consider Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome a defect, or permanent disablement that can’t be solved. Having Autistic Symptoms can result in anxiety and frustration for children and their mums and dads. Our caring therapists work together with families to reduce anxiety and help your autistic child progress and grow.
Schools in WA for High School aged kids with High Functioning Autism
Western Australia has a wide variety of support services for kids with High Functioning Autism. The Autism Extension Program is provided by the Department of Education Western Australia.
The 4 ASD programs in WA are based at:
- Canning Vale College
- Ocean Reef High School
- South Fremantle Senior High School. Address: Lefroy Road, Beaconsfield WA 6162
- Ashdale Secondary College. Address: 75 Westport Parade, Darch WA 6065
Learning to overcome the challenges of Autism at home can help parents and their kids cope. Early intervention for parents is important. Parental coaching from an experienced psychologist can help mothers and father communicate with their autistic or Asperger’s child.
Focused Education’s Psychology Services for parents of Autistic children.
- Coaching parents in effective behaviour management strategies to reduce child and parent anxiety.
- Therapeutic Counselling from psychologists that understand Autistic children.
- Group Therapy and workshops with other mums and dads.
Focused Education’s Autism Assessment and Diagnostic Services for parents of Autistic children.
- Autism assessment and treatment services.
- Autism Services covered under the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS).
- Individual Play Therapy sessions that are of significant benefit.
- Group Therapy for children and teenagers with Aspergers’ Syndrome.
Our staff have helped a wide range of Autism charities in Australia including.
- The Australian Advisory Board on Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- The Autism Association of Western Australia.
- Autism Spectrum Australia.
Focused Education was founded by Martyn Drysdale. He happens to have a learning difficulty himself. Our goal is to change the way children, teenagers and adults with learning difficulties and disabilities learn, work and grow.
We invite you to call our reception team to discuss your Autistic child’s testing and treatment needs on: (08) 61887669 or complete the contact form below.
CONTACT US TODAY BECAUSE WE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD