Perth Occupational Therapy Services and Health Clinic for children.
Specialist Occupational Therapy Services for Sensory Processing Disorder.
Our Occupational Therapist is a specialist in sensory processing disorders affecting children with ADHD, Autism and Specific Learning Difficulties. She loves helping children with learning difficulty that visit our Perth Occupational Therapy and Health Services Clinic.
Friendly & caring OT staff that care and support Perth kids.
Our friendly and caring Occupational Therapy clinicians understand how to help children with Autism, ADHD and Dyslexia.
Focused Education’s therapy programs help treat children with learning difficulties using our researched, professional occupational therapy techniques.
An expert in behaviour modification she is an excellent resource for our therapists to learn and develop their own skills and knowledge.
About our Perth based Occupational Therapy Services Clinic
The Department of Occupational Therapy and Health Sciences and Disorders in Perth at Focused Education operates at our state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic centre. Our therapists help children with clinical communication, movement, and sensory disorders.
Our Perth occupational therapy team has a deep knowledge of the neurological conditions of Autism, ADHD and Dyslexia. OT for kids can help these developmental disorders.
Focused Education’s occupational therapists have had a positive impact the lives of West Australian children with Dyslexia, ADHD and Autism for many years.
“When the brain is connecting the dots friendly OT advice and expert care is important” Occupational Therapist Caitlin Williams.
Our Perth Occupational Therapy Services include:
- Occupational Therapy treatment, advice and support services from our therapists.
- Dyspraxia Therapy
- ADD/ADHD Therapy
- Handwriting difficulties Therapy
- Sensory Processing Disorder Therapy
- Autism Occupational Therapy
Our Occupational Therapy School support, treatment and advice program for students and teachers in Perth.
- We love helping teachers become better teachers because it helps West Australian children learn and grow.
- Our Occupational Therapy School Support Program provides award-winning professional development for teachers.
Our Perth Occupational Therapy Practice (OT) aims to research, evaluate and care for and assist children with sensory processing, fine/gross motor and communication disorders linked to Autism, Dyslexia and ADHD.
Perth Occupational Therapy for children with Autism.
- Autism Treatment and Support focusing on decreasing anxiety, making your child more confident, successful and interactive.
- Independence skills, e.g. getting dressed, using kitchen equipment.
- Group games to develop motor skills and social skills.
- Fundamental motor skills, balance and coordination skills.
- How to play with friends in Perth e.g. developmental playing, taking turns, what to do if you are bullied.
- Upper limb and hand function, e.g. strength, tone, range of movement.
- Coordination skills, e.g. smooth/jerky movements, using two hands together
- Sensory processing skills (how a child understands information from the outside world), e.g. loud noises, bright lights, or different textures.
- School skills, e.g. handwriting, using scissors, attention, visual perception and sitting positions.
- Advice for Perth schools.
Perth Occupational Therapy Services for children with ADHD(Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Early Intervention Behaviour Modification Therapy in conjunction with our psychologist team.
- Helping kids with ADHD overcome life skill challenges by working to establish better daily routines.
- SI Therapy -specific movement activities.
- Treatment and support for a Specific Learning Disorder involving cognition, fine or gross motor skills.
- Handwriting Support for fine motor difficulties.
Perth Occupational Therapists at Focused Education know that a Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) can stop the brain from processing this information effectively. Mangled messages can become impairing or overwhelming, leading to a wide variety of defensive or compensatory behaviours.
A child with a Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) can be quick to react (hypersensitive), slow to react (hyposensitive). Occupational Therapy’s at Perth’s Focused Education can help children with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD).
A Sensory Processing Disorder may lead to the following behaviours in your child:
- Meltdowns involving high levels of stress and anxiety.
- Behaviours that impact daily living such as from picky eating to hitting and hugging too tightly.
- Toileting problems due to sensory anxiety.
- Children may become stressed or anxious in public places such as shopping malls or restaurants.
Our occupational therapists help families overcome Sensory Processing Disorder challenges.
- Focused Education uses a sensory integration approach to SPD.
- Using occupational techniques including assessment, diagnosis and treatment of deficits involving the 5 senses is important to resolve your child’s difficulties.
These clinical supports include:
- Assessment, treatment and advice for sensory processing disorder.
- Treatment and assessment of handwriting difficulties affecting a student’s ability to complete academic writing tasks and classroom activities.
- Behaviour modification in careful collaboration with our educational psychologist and developmental psychoanalyst.
- Skills of daily living; including home and school visits to provide specialist advice to parents, caregivers, social workers and teachers.
We invite you to call our reception team to discuss your child’s occupational skills testing and treatment needs on: (08) 61887669 or complete the contact form below.
Our caring staff hope to see you at our clinical, occupational and health therapy services centre soon.
CONTACT US TODAY BECAUSE WE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD