The Dyslexia Guidelines and Advice from the Department of Education WA.
- Specific Learning Disorder in Reading
- Specific Learning Disorder in Writing
- Specific Learning Disorder in Mathematics.
The Department of Education WA policy statement on Dyslexia.
“The Department of Education does not provide specific funding for students with a learning disability. This means that they are not funded for a Teacher Assistant or for specialist teacher support in the classroom”. (Department of Education WA – Dyslexia in WA. 2015).
Government support for students with Dyslexia in Western Australia.
The support the Department of Education of Western Australia does provide is support to teachers and schools in the form of advice, strategies and support.
However it does not provide funding for the Educational Psychologist testing required to diagnose Dyslexia.
The Department of Education WA’s Dyslexia Policy is similar to the Australian Government advice on Dyslexia.
“Funding for students with dyslexia varies for each state. The diagnosis of specific learning difficulties frequently remains the responsibility of Australian parents. In the state and territory education systems, the waiting time for school psychologists is up to a year. Many parents access resources outside the school such as medical centres, private psychologists, or associations that specialise in specific learning disabilities diagnosis and assistance such as SPELD (Firth, 2010) (Reference #2).
How Focused Education’s Dyslexia Services help parents and teachers support Dyslexic students.
“I founded Focused Education to help children with Dyslexia and ADHD. I happen to have ADHD myself. Mentoring and supporting students with learning difficulties is our lifelong mission”.
- Our Educational Psychologists provide comprehensive Dyslexia Assessments that are easy to read and help teachers and parents understand the Specific Learning Disorder affecting a child in their care.
- We provide health and education services for all learning disabilities and neurodevelopmental disorders such as ADHD and Autism.
- Our collaborative staff team includes; Educational Psychologists, Speech and Language Pathologists, Specialist Teachers and Pediatric Occupational Therapists.
Focused Education won the City of Stirling’s Customer Focused Business of the Year 2014/2015.
We genuinely care about children with Dyslexia, ADHD and other learning difficulties. Calling our Learning Difficulties Support Centre today is an important first step towards Dyslexia support.
We invite you to call our reception team to discuss your child’s educational testing and treatment needs on: (08) 61887669 or complete the contact form below.
CONTACT US TODAY BECAUSE WE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD