Focused Education Occupational Therapy for Children with Learning Difficulties (LD).
Based in Osborne Park, providing service for children in and around the Perth area.
Focused Education is based in Osborne Park as it has been for many years. Our experienced occupational therapists won the City of Stirling “Customer Focused Business of the Year 2015” because of our excellent family approval ratings and high customer service standards.
What is a Specific Learning Disorder in Writing (Dysgraphia)?
A Specific Learning Disorder in Writing (Dysgraphia) is a developmental condition that can be the result of a student’s fine motor disability.
A specific learning disorder in handwriting can also involve difficulty “getting your ideas down on paper”.
What is Autism Spectrum Disorder?
Autism Spectrum Disorder in children is a neurodevelopmental disability that affects the brain’s ability to process information, thoughts and ideas. People with Autism (ASD) often struggle to develop friendships and maintain social relationships. Autistic children often struggle with understanding other people’s emotions and their own thoughts and feelings.
What is Sensory Processing Disorder?
Sensory Processing Disorder in children results in kids having difficulty regulating their senses. Our occupational therapists define it as “sensory input difficulties”. With correct management and supervision by an experienced paediatric OT a sensory processing disorder (SPD) can be managed effectively.
How we help children with Specific Learning Disorders.
- We help children with Specific Learning Disorders with researched based, professional services.
- Our Health clinicians by the Commonwealth Government of Australia(AHPRA).
- Our Tutoring Staff are specialist teachers accredited by the WA Education Department and the Western Australian College of Teachers.
How we help children with a Sensory Processing Disorder.
- Focused Education uses a sensory integration approach to SPD.
- Using occupational techniques including assessment, diagnosis and treatment of deficits involving the 5 senses is important to resolve your child’s difficulties.
- Assess for neurodevelopmental disorders that may be causing a sensory difficulty.
How we help children with Autism.
- Autism Treatment and Support focusing on decreasing anxiety, making your child more confident, successful and interactive.
- Independence skills, e.g. getting dressed, using kitchen equipment.
- Group games to develop motor skills and social skills.
- Fundamental motor skills, balance and coordination skills.
- How to play with friends e.g. developmental playing, taking turns, what to do if you are bullied.
- Upper limb and hand function, e.g. strength, tone, range of movement.
- Coordination skills, e.g. smooth/jerky movements, using two hands together
- Sensory processing skills (how a child understands information from the outside world), e.g. loud noises, bright lights, or different textures.
- School skills, e.g. handwriting, using scissors, attention, visual perception and sitting positions.
- Occupational advice for Perth schools.
We invite you to call our reception team to discuss your child’s occupational skills testing and treatment needs on: (08) 61887669 or complete the contact form below.
Our caring staff hope to see you at our clinical, occupational and health therapy services centre soon.
CONTACT US TODAY BECAUSE WE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD