Identifying the Early Child Development Stages at our Perth-based Child Health Clinic.
At Focused Education, we care deeply about helping children learn and grow. Our Clinicians help Perth-based children and their families.
Our therapists have developed some easy to follow checklists to help you accurately observe and identify developmental progressions in your child. We hope this child health guide helps.
9 months old milestone – Developed skill of feeding without the help of mum or dad
15 months old milestone – Drinking independently of a caregiver from a cup.
18 months old milestone – Helping (or trying to help!) parents with household chores.
20 years old milestone – Articulating words with progressive success. Well developed ability to understand spoken language.
24 months old milestone – Able to remove clothes without assistance from a parent.
30 months old milestone – Child has learnt the habit of how to put on clothes as an everyday routine.
Global Developmental Delay is a neurodevelopmental deficit that occurs in the early stages of child development. It is characterized by delayed speech and language in infants and difficulty communicating. Additionally, toddlers with Developmental Delay often find basic living and cognitive skills challenging.
Does my child display signs of Developmental Disorder?
Our Developmental Psychologist team developed this useful checklist.
1. Has my child’s teacher mentioned symptoms of Developmental Delay Syndrome?
2. Movement and Motor Skill Problems in daily tasks and children’s games.
3. Delayed Speech and Language at the early age of 2 years old.
4. Poor Social Skills and reduced ability to make friends at the age of 3 years old.
5. Skills of Daily Living are a problem for your child. Your infant should be able to feed him or herself by the age of 9 months
About our Child Health Services at our Osborne Park family therapy centre.
Our specialist psychologists help children and families deal with behavioural issues that can occur as a result of a developmental disorder. Our clinicians have 10 years experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating emotional and social deficits.
Developmental Psychology Services for young children at our clinical Child Health Centre.
- Our psychology services team works predominantly with infants, children, adolescents and their families.
- Focused Education offers targeted psychological assessment and treatment for kids and teenagers with developmental disorders, learning deficits and developmental disabilities.
- Immediate appointments including weekend and evening sessions at our practice in Osborne Park.
- Supportive family therapy centre offering assessment, diagnose and treatment for parents and caregivers.
- We offer a confidential and professional service in a multidisciplinary practice setting
- Our specialist services include developmental psychologists, educational psychologists, speech therapists, occupational therapists and teachers.
- Counselling and coaching parents to help their children reach developmental milestones is the heart and soul of Focused Education Psychology Clinic.
- Our clinicians are all licensed by the Commonwealth Government of Australia and accredited by the Australian Health Practitioners’ Regulation Agency(AHPRA)
We invite you to call our reception team to discuss your child’s educational testing and treatment needs on (08) 61887669 or complete the contact form below.
Our caring staff hope to see you at our clinical, educational, psychological and allied health therapy services centre soon.
CONTACT US TODAY BECAUSE WE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD