How to overcome the challenge to find answers about your child’s learning difficulties.
Parents often hear from teachers that their child is below standard at school teachers during parent/teacher interviews. Sometimes Mums and Dads are advised that their son or daughter requires one-on-one academic support. Many principals would love to provide extra support for students with learning difficulties such as Dyslexia, ADHD and Autism. Unfortunately, in many cases schools do not have the necessary funding to provide the academic assistance your child needs. Teachers may also be unsure how to help because they don’t understand your child’s learning difficulty.
Parents are often frustrated by inexperienced health & medical professions.
Parents often get their children assessed by speech therapists or psychologists that don’t specialise in supporting children with learning difficulties. This can result in the health professional identifying language or cognitive deficits but not understanding that this deficit could be a learning disability (e.g. Dyslexia) or neuro-developmental disorder such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or Autism.
Signs of neuro-developmental disorders or learning disabilities in children.
- Problems with organisation at home or in a classroom.
- Struggling with reading comprehension.
- Difficulty making friends at school
- Problems with following instructions or completing tasks.
- Impairments in thought processes and cognition.
- Frequent meltdowns that seem to occur without a reason.
- Your child becoming frustrated and anxious with homework tasks
We help parents and children overcome Dyslexia, ADHD and Autism.
The founder of Focused Education, Martyn Drysdale, has a learning difficulty himself. He started Focused Education to stop kids suffering in the same way he suffered. Passion, years of experience and high professional standards are hallmarks of Focused Education staff.
Our staff include:
- School Psychologists specialising in learning difficulties.
- Specialist Teachers.
- Speech and Language Pathologists (SLP).
- Occupational Therapists (OT).
We invite you to call our reception team to discuss your child’s educational testing and treatment needs on (08) 61887669 or complete the contact form below.
Our caring staff hope to see you at educational and health psychology services centre soon.
CONTACT US TODAY BECAUSE WE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD