Focused Education’s Toddler and Child Speech Therapy Clinic in Perth offers a wide array of Speech and Language Pathology (SLP) services to infants, toddlers and children with learning disabilities and speech and language disorders such as delayed talking ability, Autism, Dyslexia and other neurodevelopmental disabilities.
About our convenient home and school speech therapy services.
We visit children in a wide variety of suburbs across the Perth metropolitan region and beyond. Your child deserves the very best treatment and advice for their communication difficulty. Focused Education is a leading provider of speech pathology services to children in the City of Perth and it’s surrounding suburbs. Our SLP clinicians visit homes and schools in the suburbs of Karrinyup, Tuart Hill, Wembley, and Ocean Reef and many others.
We help children talk and listen at our Perth Speech Therapist Clinic.
Our Perth Speech and language centre aims to provide a personalised speech pathology service. Our therapists evaluate each case using carefully researched speech and language assessments to determine the type of disorder your child struggles with.
Our Speech Therapy Clinic has a comprehensive team of specialist Speech and Language Therapists. Focused Education’s Allied Health professionals unite the most respected minds in the research of talking and listening difficulties in Perth, Western Australia.
Speech and Language Disorders and Disabilities Focused Speech Pathology tests:
- Delayed Speech and Language Deficits.
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders involving communication as described in the DSM-5(Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders).
- Expressive and Receptive Language Disorders
- Central Auditory Processing Disorder (in conjunction with a Perth based audiologist).
What do speech and language tests measure?
SLP evaluations measure communication skills such as:
- Reading and Language.
- Verbal expression and listening ability.
- Phonological Awareness, Spelling and Grammar.
- Expressive Vocabulary (being able to verbally describe childhood experiences)
- Linguistic and semantic expression (the ability to create a sentence of words orally)
- Listening and auditory comprehension.
- Oral or verbal articulation and pronunciation.
Our Assessment methods are accredited by the Commonwealth Government of Australia.
Our Speech Therapists only use research-based screening tools and assessments including:
- CELF(Children’s Environmental Literacy Foundation, Australian Edition)
- C-TOPP(The Comprehensive Test of Phonological Processing).
- Functional Communication Profile (assesses Severe Child Disabilities in Speech and Language).
- TROG -Test for Reception of Grammar (evaluates understanding of language in children).
- PVCS – Preverbal Communication Schedule – (Determines preverbal communication skills in infants)
We invite you to call our reception team to discuss your child’s educational testing and treatment needs on (08) 61887669 or complete the contact form below.
Our caring staff hope to see you at our clinical language, communication and speech therapist services centre soon. We care about your child’s paediatric speech health.
CONTACT US TODAY BECAUSE WE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD