We help children every day at Focused Education’s Psychological Evaluation, Research and Counseling Clinic. Our private psychology practice in Perth, Australia specialises in children with learning difficulties, and neurodevelopmental disorders such as Autism and ADHD.
Our Educational Psychology team completes a wide variety of assessments of learning disorders and educational difficulties. Focused Education’s Educational Assessments use a diverse range of educational tools and psychoanalytical techniques to provide the best possible outcome for each child.
Specific Learning Disorders and Disabilities Focused Educational Psychology tests:
- Dyslexia Diagnosis.
- Specific Learning Difficulties in reading, writing and mathematics as described in the DSM-5(Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders).
- General Intelligence Testing.
- Assessment of Gifted and Talented ability.
What do educational tests measure?
Educational evaluations measure academic skills such as:
- Reading and Language.
- Written expression and academic writing.
- Spelling and Grammar.
- Mathematical skills such as counting.
- Academic fluency (speed of reading, writing and calculating)
- Listening and auditory comprehension.
- Oral or verbal expression.
What do neurological or cognitive tests assess?
Psycho-analytical tests evaluate abilities such as:
- Distractability andAttention.
- Working Memory.
- Auditory and Visual processing.
- Language and communication skills.
- Eye-hand coordination.
- Planning and executive functioning ability.
- Verbal-linguistic reasoning.
- Perceptual and Spatial skills.
Our Assessment methods are accredited by the Commonwealth Government of Australia.
Our Educational Psychologists only use research-based screening tools and assessments including:
- WISC (The Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children).
- WIAT (Wechsler Individual Achievement Test assesses academic strengths and weaknesses)
- C-TOPP (The Comprehensive Test of Phonological Processing (CTOPP).
Learning deficits can result in mood disorders.
Our therapists often treat, support and assist children with learning difficulties that also experience sadness, anger or frustration related to their learning challenges. Our clinicians complete a wide variety of psychological tests for anxiety, depression and mood disorders. We use scientifically validated testing methods and assessment tools to help your child. Focused Education’s child and family psychology clinic provide expert advice, comprehensive assessment and intervention.
We help schools based in Perth learn and understand what learning difficulties are.
Our therapists help organizations in the residing in the neighbourhood of the Perth City area. Education-related psychological strategies can empower companies to better help their employees learn and focus at work. Our School Psychology Services provide knowledgeable advice and support. We provide mental health advice to professionals working with children in Perth.
- Primary schools, high schools and childcare centres.
- Children’s hospitals.
- Mental health clinics for children.
- The Western Australian Department of Child Protection.
We invite you to call our reception team to discuss your child’s educational testing and treatment needs on (08) 61887669 or complete the contact form below.
Our caring staff hope to see you at our clinical, educational and health psychology services centre soon.
CONTACT US TODAY BECAUSE WE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD