Focused Educational Psychology provides the West Australian community with caring, knowledgeable advice about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Asperger’s Syndrome, Dyslexia and ADHD. Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) are developmental impairments characterised by marked difficulties in social interaction, impaired communication that last a child’s lifetime. Dyslexia Symptoms may include difficulty with language sounds and reading.
What are some detectable Autism Symptoms?
The phenomenon of Autism is wide-ranging, with different children, teenagers and adults experiencing diverse medical signs that can affect multiple cognitive and intellectual processing areas of the brain. Research has not proven the cause of Autism despite extensive medical analyses of the available scientific data.
Core detectable signs of autism include:
• Social development and limited or no friendships with other children.
• Limited interests in daily tasks or play with other children.
• Verbal and nonverbal communication difficulties.
What financial help is there for autistic children?
The Australian Commonwealth Government authorises us to provide helpful services for autistic children, teenagers and adults via Medicare Benefits Schedule. The Australian National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is currently available to people with a disability in the Perth Hills Area. The NDIS in the Perth Hill became available July 2014.
At Perth-based, Focused Educational Psychology we don’t consider Autism a defect or permanent disablement that can’t be solved. Having Autistic Symptoms can result in anxiety and frustration for children and their mums and dads. Our caring therapists work together with families to reduce anxiety and help your autistic child progress and grow.
Psychology for Parents of children with Autism at Focused Education.
Learning to overcome the challenges of Autism at home can help parents and their kids cope. Early intervention for parents is important. Parental coaching from an experienced psychologist can help mothers and father communicate with their autistic or Asperger’s child.
Our staff have helped a wide range of Autism charities in Australia including.
- The Australian Advisory Board on Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- The Autism Association of Western Australia.
- Autism Spectrum Australia.
- The Learning and Attentional Disorders Society of Western Australia.
Why Autism and Dyslexia?
Many children diagnosed with Autism also have Dyslexia. Focused Education staff have many years of training and know how to help primary and high school students with Autism and Dyslexia.
What do neurological or cognitive tests assess?
Psycho-analytical tests evaluate abilities such as:
- Distractibility and Attention.
- Working Memory.
- Auditory and Visual processing.
- Language and communication skills.
- Eye-hand coordination.
- Planning and executive functioning ability.
- Verbal-linguistic reasoning.
- Perceptual and Spatial skills.
Our Assessment methods are accredited by the Commonwealth Government of Australia.
Our Educational Psychologists only use research-based screening tools and assessments including:
- WISC (The Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children).
- WIAT (Wechsler Individual Achievement Test assesses academic strengths and weaknesses)
- C-TOPP (The Comprehensive Test of Phonological Processing (CTOPP).
We invite you to call our reception team to discuss your child’s educational testing and treatment needs on (08) 61887669 or complete the contact form below.
Our caring staff love to have a chat to Western Australian Mums. We hope to see you at our clinical, educational and health psychology services centre soon.
CONTACT US TODAY BECAUSE WE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD