Understanding Dyslexia Difficulties when your child struggles to learn language.
If you answer yes to all 3 questions above your child may have a Specific Learning Difficulty.
- Does your child struggle to learn spoken or written language?
- Has your child found reading difficult since starting school?
- Are learning difficulties experienced by your child’s family members?
Dyslexic Infants with a language delay or delayed speech & language.
Infants with a language delay or delayed speech and language often require speech and language support from an accredited speech and language pathologist. At Focused Education our speech and language pathologists understand how to identify what type of communicator your child is and then target specific language strategies to help your child to talk and communicate. Our speech therapists provide an initial consultation to determine the language and dyslexic needs of your child.
Primary school aged children with language-based Dyslexia.
Many Perth children with Dyslexia struggle with conversations. Asking for help can be challenging for Dyslexic children because they can not find the words to express themselves verbally. Parents and teachers can implement easy to follow suggestions that will help socially isolated Dyslexic children talk, communicate and feel part of their peer group.
Examples of difficult conversations for Dyslexic children include:
1. Requests to play with other kids.
2. Requests for classroom materials.
3. Requests for help from a school teacher.
4. Requests for approval or praise of academic work.
Focused Education provides specialist dyslexia services in Perth for children and adolescents.
Our Perth Dyslexia services include:
- Dyslexia testing by school psychologists.
- Dyslexia screening by speech and language pathologists (SLP).
- Specialist Dyslexia tutoring by caring and experienced teachers.
We invite you to call our reception team to discuss your child’s educational testing and treatment needs on (08) 61887669 or complete the contact form below.
Our caring staff hope to see you at our clinical, educational and health psychology services centre soon.
CONTACT US TODAY BECAUSE WE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD