What is Educational Psychology?
- Educational Psychology analyses how people learn in educational settings.
- It studies if teaching is effective.
- Educational Psychology studies how teachers think and make decisions.
- It also considers the social psychology of schools as a workplace.
What do educational psychologists do?
- Educational psychologists ponder and compare how students learn and develop.
- Clinicians in private practice primarily investigate how individual children learn.
- Therapists may complete formal assessments to determine how individual children process, understand, remember and apply information they have learnt.
- An Educational Psychologist will provide direction and guidance to parents or schools that require detailed information about a child’s academic or cognitive abilities.
When should I seek help from an Educational Psychologist?
- If your school asks for an assessment from an Educational Psychologist.
- If you require clinical advice about child’s chronic academic underperformance.
- If you would like to understand how your child learns from psycho-analyst.
- If your child has not reached developmental milestones attained through schooling such as learning to read, write or compute mathematically.
Educational Psychology Services at Focused Education.
- Diagnostic evaluations and assessment of learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Developmentally appropriate early childhood education advice.
- Uncovering the academic strengths and weaknesses of your child through authentic assessment.
- Advising parents, school teachers and principals about a child’s learning needs.
- Classroom and behaviour management strategies for educators.
- Diagnostic interview – Our therapists may require you to answer a wide variety of questions.
- Qualitative research – We will develop a profile of your child’s cognitive abilities by completing an in-depth analysis their developmental and academic history.
- Evaluation and assessment: After analysing background information about your child an educational clinician may suggest a formal Psycho-Analytical Assessment of Educational Ability.
- Diagnostic Assessment of Dyslexia.
- Assessment of Gifted and Talented Ability.
- Evaluation of Global Developmental Delay.
- General Intellingence Assessment (WISC).
- Cognitive Development Analysis.
- Language and Vocabulary Development in consultation with our Speech/Language Pathologists(SLPS).
Counselling and Therapeutic Services for children and teenagers.
- Positive Behaviour Coaching for parents and teachers.
- Neurofeedback – teaching parents what their educational assessment means and how to help.
- Guiding you through the school selection process if your child needs specialist support.
- Developing emotional intelligence in your child or teenager.
- Counselling for stress or anxiety related to a learning difficulty or gifted ability.
We invite you to call our reception team to discuss your child’s educational testing and treatment needs on (08) 61887669 or complete the contact form below.
CONTACT US TODAY BECAUSE WE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD